Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Pillage by Obert Skye


Upon his mother's death, fifteen-year-old Beck Phillips is sent to live with an eccentric uncle he had never met in a remote manor house, where he learns that his family suffers from a curse that allows him to make plants grow on command and dragon eggs hatch.

Ok, I will admit it. At first, I was just attracted to the cool looking, fire breathing dragon on the front cover. Yeah, that was a pretty superficial move for a person whose motto is ‘never judge a book by its cover.’ But hey! The cover was just doing its job: getting my attention.

When I first started reading Pillage I thought it was going to be another one of those ‘so-so’ books, you know, the ones that were ok, but just not Spectacular? Well, when I finished the book, I was dying for the second one. It is very difficult to write about the ending without giving it away, so I suppose here’s one way to put it; ‘Boringsville’ turns into……..well, ‘Notboringsville’. I cannot wait to read and review Choke ( the sequel) It should be fun, uncovering the new adventure and watching the bonds between Beck, Aeron, Kate and Wyatt grow. Total kudos to Obert Skye! He made Beck’s world ordinary, then, like an explosion, just peeled the shells off of everything, to reveal mind-blowing characters and a shocking plot.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment