Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring #1) by James Dashner

"When best friends Dak Smyth and Sera Froste stumble upon the secret of time travel -- a hand-held device known as the Infinity Ring -- they're swept up in a centuries-long secret war for the fate of mankind. Recruited by the Hystorians, a secret society that dates back to Aristotle, the kids learn that history has gone disastrously off course.Now it's up to Dak, Sera, and teenage Hystorian-in-training Riq to travel back in time to fix the Great Breaks . . . and to save Dak's missing parents while they're at it. First stop: Spain, 1492, where a sailor named Christopher Columbus is about to be thrown overboard in a deadly mutiny!"


Wow! I love Dashner,  he just makes things so universal.  Of course, you never can go wrong with time travel…at least for me. Time travel books can go seriously wrong, and yet, they’ve always been my favorite. This isn’t my absolute favorite time travel story (um, for the older crowd, Tempest by Julie cross, and for a universal adventure, The Missing by Margaret Peterson Haddix) but I still fell into companionship with this story.

I love the characters (I can relate to them on some level, which I rarely do with characters), it’s witty, and it’s one of my favorite events in time! It just really couldn’t go wrong for me. I love the rivalry between Dax and Riq (it’s pretty electric.) Overall, it’s just real; and really well written!  This book will be integrated into a multiplatform story, much like 39 clues series! If you are a fan of 39 Clues, or Patrick Carman’s multimedia platforms, you’ll enjoy this book. (I received this ARC from the Dashner Dude himself at BEA12! Thanks James!

No comments:

Post a Comment