Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows

Anna is unwanted, ignored,  and considered a bad omen. Just because she hasn’t had a past life. Or, if she had one, she couldn’t remember it.  Kept away from society her whole life, she leaves for the city of Heart. In Heart, she hopes to discover the meaning of her existence, and if she’ll be reincarnated or forgotten forever.
Sam is the only one who thinks good of Anna, he thinks she has value and better yet, she loves music as much as he does. When dragons and sylphs attack and Anna is blamed, Sam hopes to show her a new life, one that won’t be forgotten.

This was probably the most unique book I’ve read this year. It took forever for action to occur (action wasn't it's goal in the first place), but meanwhile some very interesting philisophical questions were posed. All of you know, I’m a critic, I’ll fry the book under my magnifying glass until all is revealed. But man, this thing is fireproof. While it wasn’t my favorite book of the year, I’m really intrigued as to the stories next move.

Instead of the reader coming up with the questions, and the author answering them, it’s more like the author is asking you the questions, and letting you come up with the answers. Will we get the author’s answers? I don’t know, I’ll have to find out. Incarnate broke out of the trends with a different style and a different plot. Good. I was getting tired of reading the same thing over and over again.. I’d recommend this book to anyone looking for something unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment