Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Liebster Award!



This award is given to those who have less than 300 followers. You're suppose to give 11 facts about yourself and then answer 11 questions that the person that nominated you asked, and then you nominate other bloggers. I was awarded by Casey at Story Notions. I don't know what questions I'm going to ask yet, or who i'm going to pick, but I'll update this post when I do.

The Rules:

  •  List 11 facts about yourself. 
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you. 
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers. 
  • You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you. 
  • Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!

Eleven facts:

  • I love animals I have a cat, four dogs, and three horses, plus, I count my grandmother's two dogs and three cats as my own as well. We really do love animals, and all but two of our animals are rescues!
  • I'm training to be a silhouette artist. You know, like the ones at Disneyland. It's grueling work, and it isn't easy, but practice makes perfect!
  • I have a part-time job as a medical biller
  • I'm going to college for art - I'm just getting my gen eds done at the moment
  • I miss my Nanny. My grandmother died in September and I miss her so much I cry when I make scrambled eggs sometimes or see something light blue.
  • My dad is my best friend. He always gives me hugs and tells me he loves me! He takes me places I need to go, and he helps me out when i'm struggling emotionally. 
  • I have a stuffed unicorn collection - they're adorable. Who doesn't like unicorns?!
  • My first book review was a really, really, really negative one.
  • I'm working on being less of a harsh critic.
  • I love Disneyland. I would live there if I could. Dole whips and churros everybody!
  • I'm going to ALA in just a short month! I went to BEA once, but ALA is superior, so I go to ALA instead.
Eleven Questions to Answer:
 
When did you start blogging? And why did you start?

I started book blogging in 2010. I started because my little sister's best friend joked "You should be one of those people they list on the back of the books, you'd be good at it." We laughed and continued eating our mexican food. But I got really sick at summer camp and her words kept bouncing in my head. With all my sick downtime my dad thought it would be a good thing for me. 
We knew nothing about blogs or anything, so I started out with a really tiny website. The thing just grew from there!

What's the last book you reread? And why did you reread it?

I last reread Doon by Carey Corp and Laurie Langdon. I reread it, because I felt like rereading a book with romantic Scotsmen in it. (with a strong female character.)

Favorite TV/movie? (that isn't based on a book)

The Amazing Spiderman, definitely. OH, or Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Although, I guess both of those are based off of comic books. I'm just going to pretend that these qualify. If they don't, then I'd say The Mentalist is my favorite show. 

Book/series that changed/influenced your life the most.

The Shadowed Unicorn by Shiela Kelly Welch. It was the first book I picked up on my own and I actually got up at 3 in the morning to finish reading.  Also, it was a library book, so my first library book is important to me as well.

Fandoms you're apart of and your 'favorite'.

Oh, gosh. Agents of Shield, Marvel in general, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Warehouse 13, Percy Jackson, Fullmetal Alchemist.... I think those are my major ones. I don't think I have a favorite. Harry Potter was my first real fandom, so perhaps that's my favorite just for sentimentality's sake.

Hogwarts house. 

Ravenclaw. Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure! CAW CAW!

Weird reading habits or needs to be able to read?

Pretty much just a book. Although my favorite thing would be my favorite homemade blanket (ITS  SO SOFT) and a bunch of pillows.

Favorite book that was, at some point, 'required reading' for any reason.

Where The Red Fern Grows. It makes me cry, everytime, and it is so beautiful. it was required reading in fourth grade and it was amazing.

What is your OTP(couple you most like/want together)? And what is your NOTP(two characters you should never be together romantically, in your opinion)?

I have so many OTP's that I'm not sure I have an OTP anymore. Ed and Winry evokes some pretty strong OTP feels, but I don't know, there are a lot of others.....OH!! FItzSimmons is definitely one of my top OTP's. They are just so adorable together. Or, Jane and Lisbon. I've always wanted them to be together and now they are. but my NOTP - is flat our Harry and Hermione. It just shouldn't ever happen. Ever. NOPE.

Do you like ebooks? How often do you read one? Do you have an ereader?

ebooks are ok, I read a few a week probably, I have a kindle. but I mostly read netgalleys and things of that sort on it. I get a lot of freebie ebooks on it.

What author, whose alive, do you most wish to meet and why?

J.K. Rowling. She's influenced millions of lives, including mine. I think she's a genius author and I would like a glimpse in to her infinite mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment