1. What book do you think just never got the book love it deserved?
....That's a hard question, I've read a lot of books that didn't get what they deserved. I'll name the primary two that are in my mind,
The Door Within series by Wayne Thomas Batson and
Legon series by Nicholas Taylor
I urge you to check out both of them, they are amazing books. Both series are complete too! No anxious waiting for the next installment!
2. What 1 genre do you just really have a hard time getting into?
I really don't read a lot outside of YA, so I'll just focus on sub-categories. I have an atrocious time getting into contemporary fiction, I don't relate to the characters at all.
3. Who is your book boyfriend/girlfriend? (You know you have one!)
AHHH..WHY?! Why do you have to ask that?! haha um.....wow, what a hard question... Jason Masters from Starlighter by Bryan Davis. Hard to answer but if I had to pick one, Jason would be it.
4. Has a book ever given you nightmares? Which one?
Brain Jack by Brian Falkner about 1/3 of the way in there is an amazing scene where they are locked in a building and a plane starts to fly towards the building. I stopped reading after that scene and never went back. had nightmares about 9/11 for a couple nights. I was only six when 9/11 happened but I remember watching every minute. Anything with planes and plane crashes bother me. I just can't stand to read it.
5. What book left you crying the most tears?
It's a tie between Way of the Dragon by Chris Bradford and The Fire by James Patterson
6. What book ending just left you angry because you wanted it to end differently or because you wanted something different for a character in the book?
I was a little disappointed by Mockingjay the final installation in the Hunger Games trilogy. I was saddened by Finnick's death (he was my favorite character! I mean, come on! He'd just had a son!) and I just felt that it was a little empty.
7. What 1 book do you wish you had written and why?
um...I don't think I wish to write any known series... I want to write my own but I don't think I could do a series any more justice than its already been given!
8. What childhood favorite (not teen) do you still like to revisit and read again?
Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, (technically) Harry Potter..and of course, I've always wanted to revisit the book that started my love of writing! That book isn't Harry Potter (like a lot of people guess!) but is The Shadowed Unicorn by Sheila Kelly Welch.
9. I like this one so I'm going to steal it: What is your favorite book quote?
Oh...so many..but I'd have to say this one:
"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." Sirius Black in Order of the Phoenix.
10. What book made you sad that it ended because you just weren't ready to leave that world yet?
um....Bandits by L.M. Preston and Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Although, that's kind of a lie. Both series have planned sequels...
11. Which book character do you wish you were like and why?
The only character I can recall relating to at least a little bit, was Kelsey from Tiger's Curse. So, I guess if I could be her for a little while I wouldn't put up a fuss. ;D
Hope you enjoyed this questionnaire from The Teen Librarian Toolbox