Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4)

My name - my True Name - is Ashallayn’ darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.
Then Meghan Chase - a half human, half fey slip of a girl - smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.
With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end - a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side.
To survive in the Iron Realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.

At first the series seemed kind of average. I didn't hate it, but I didn't immediately fall in love. The sequel to Iron King, Iron Daughter, I liked better.  Then Iron Queen I liked the same. The real icing on the cake was Iron Knight. The tale of a prince who wants to give up his immortality for his love, and in return, gain a soul. Iron Knight blew my mind, not only did it have the most BEAUTIFUL flow of English I have ever seen, it had excellent story qualities. It was a true fairy tale. The character had to overcome his weakness and even overcome his own strengths, all in pursuit of love. I salute Julie Kagawa. I just can't get over how graceful that was, it was amazing. Not to mention, she created one of the most humorous character I've seen all year (Puck, yes, the Shakespeare one, re-invented.)  .

I absolutely recommend this book to anyone looking for a modern novel, with all the hallmarks of a time tested classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment